All of yesterday went to teaching prep and tracking down administrivia. Over the weekend I had the fun job of commenting on a colleague’s article, which was kind of research-related, but it wasn’t really until today that I had the chance to do any thing for real. It was kind of a fun task–I took some the new material on comic strips about Ibsen that I had written up for the criticism conference in August, and integrated it into the chapter dealing with Peer Gynt parodies in the Peer Gynt book. I figured since I’m submitting the manuscript with my promotion package, I should at least update that one section, even thought I don’t have time to revise the whole thing.
I did finally nailed down all the requirements for the promotion application, and will be spending the next couple of days copying and printing and collating all that, in addition to the final edits to chapter 5 in the cabin book. It will be great to have a clean, revised edition of the cabin book to include in my application–the book is so much better now than it was back in the spring. Revision really does help!