Well hallelujah! Just when I thought I was never going to write again, it all came pouring out today. For some reason, when I looked at the Næss/Dahl article this morning I could just see what needed to be done. I added a little over 800 words here and there before 11 am, when I took a break for a few hours. I printed out and read through the manuscript, which confirmed that a couple of paragraphs I had been thinking didn’t quite fit really needed to be cut. After my break I did a new very quick round of cuts and additions, and actually ended up with slightly more words than before the cut. I’m super happy with the result, and only have two relatively minor things to clear up tomorrow at the university library before I can send it off. I’m still not sure where I’m going to send it; I need to poke around a bit more in the publication ranking search engine. I’d like to try for a level 2 journal in the first round, but I’m not sure there’s one that is a good fit for this article.
So with the exception of a couple hours’ work first thing tomorrow (and assuming what I’ve written still looks to be relatively good), it appears that I really am on track to start the new book project as of 1 March. That seemed highly unlikely when I got up this morning.
Words written: What with all the cuts and additions I didn’t keep exact count (probably around 1600 though). The net gain from the previous draft was 883.