Ta-da!

It’s done! Or at least a draft of the article suitable for submission to a scholarly journal is done. In the end, I decided to send the Fruen fra havet article to Ibsen Studies rather than Modern Drama. I’m not sure if that was the best decision, but  it’s what I went with this afternoon on the spur of the moment.

I really have no idea how much I wrote today–it’s all kind of a blur. As anticipated I ended up cutting a whole bunch (half of the introduction, and one performance analysis out of the seven I had originally). That gave me room to do a much more thorough job of discussing the other performances, though I’m still worried those sections are too descriptive. I also trashed my conclusion (which was stupid) and wrote a new, shorter one that I desperately hope is not stupid. At this point I honestly can’t tell, I’m just so incredibly relieved to have worked through a full draft and gotten it out under review.

Words written: lots!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s